The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers, in conjunction with the Department of Middle Grades, Secondary, and Specialized Subjects, the following programs:
- Middle Grades Education 6-9, Math, Science, English Language Arts, or Social Studies Specialty Area, M.A.T.
- Secondary Education 9-12, Mathematics, Science, English Language Arts, or Social Studies Specialty Area, M.A.T.
- Licensure in Middle Grades Education 6-9, Mathematics Concentration
- Licensure in Secondary Education 9-12, Mathematics Specialty Area
Please see the Department of Health, Physical, and Secondary Education section of this catalog for information on the above programs.
The department also offers a graduate certificate in data science. The certificate provides a unique and rigorous skills-driven curriculum for individuals interested in building careers in data science and/ or big data management. The program requires 12 credit hours.
Data Science Graduate Certificate
- Apply methods for data collection, manipulation and integration.
- Develop in depth understanding of cutting edge technologies in data science: visualization, machine learning, data mining techniques, predictive modeling, and statistics.
- Gain experience in frontline data-science problems in a variety of fields - problem analysis and decision-making.
- Communicate and present effectively data analysis results, address ethical issues about intellectual property, data security, integrity, and privacy.