The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers, in conjunction with the College of Education, the following programs:
- Middle Grades Education 6-9, Math, Science, English Language Arts, or Social Studies Specialty Area, M.A.T.
- Secondary Education 9-12, Mathematics, Science, English Language Arts, or Social Studies Specialty Area, M.A.T.
Please refer to College of Education program listings in this catalog for more information on these M.A.T. programs.
The department also offers a graduate certificate in data science. The certificate provides a unique and rigorous skills-driven curriculum for individuals interested in building careers in data science and/ or big data management. The program requires 12 credit hours.
Data Science Graduate Certificate
- Apply methods for data collection, manipulation and integration.
- Develop in depth understanding of cutting edge technologies in data science: visualization, machine learning, data mining techniques, predictive modeling, and statistics.
- Gain experience in frontline data-science problems in a variety of fields - problem analysis and decision-making.
- Communicate and present effectively data analysis results, address ethical issues about intellectual property, data security, integrity, and privacy.