MBA Student Learning Outcomes
The MBA program seeks to prepare its graduates for positions of leadership and organizational responsibility. Hence, we expect our graduates to be competent problem solvers who possess the relevant technical and professional skills to make good decisions. We also expect our graduates act ethically, based not just on an understanding of their own role in organizations and business, but also based on their understanding of the role and context of business in society. Finally, we expect our graduates to be able to apply and integrate a variety of relevant skills in making their decisions. Accordingly, the MBA program is designed to produce the following student learning outcomes:
- Problem Solving: Students will demonstrate the ability to solve structured and unstructured business problems.
- Technology: Students will demonstrate the ability to use technology to create actionable intelligence from business data.
- Professional Skills: Students will demonstrate professionalism and the ability to communicate findings and recommendations to a professional audience.
- Context: Students will demonstrate an understanding of the global, historical, regulatory and ethical context within which business operates.
- Integration: Students will demonstrate an ability to integrate business skills across the core curriculum.
In addition to the MBA, the Department of Graduate and Professional Studies in Business offers the following graduate certificates:
- Business Graduate Certificate (Intended for people with non-business undergraduate degrees)
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Graduate Certificate
- Cyber Security Management Graduate Certificate
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Management Certificate
- Health Informatics Certificate
- Healthcare Management Graduate Certificate
- Project Management Graduate Certificate
Also, in collaboration with University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG), students enrolled with degree seeking status in the FSU Master of Business Administration (MBA) program can earn a Graduate Certificate (Post-Baccalaureate) in Supply Chain, Logistics, and Transportation Management from UNCG. The required 12 credit hours of graduate-level courses for this certificate are offered online through UNCG’s distance learning program. These courses will be recorded on a UNCG transcript and may be transferred into the FSU MBA program. Courses taken in each certificate program may be transferred into the MBA Program.
GMAT Waiver Policy
Applicants that fit one or more of the following criteria may be considered for a GMAT waiver:
- Superior academic performance in an accepted accredited undergraduate institution with a GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Demonstration of 10 years of progressive professional advancement experience, with a significant record of accomplishments, which may include earning credentials such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- US military Service
- Nine or more credit hours in an AACSB-accredited graduate program with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher
- A completed graduate degree in any field from an accepted accredited institution (or equivalent)
- Completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business for Non-Business Majors with grades of B or better in each course
GMAT waivers are not guaranteed and must be granted by the FSU MBA Admissions Committee. Interested applicants should submit a written GMAT waiver request to the MBA Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee will review such requests on a case-by-case basis. Meeting minimum requirements for consideration does not guarantee approval.
The MBA program can accept up to 9 hours of transfer credit from another AACSB-accredited MBA program. The grade received for a transfer class must be a “B” or better, and the class must have been taken no more than six years prior to the applicant’s project graduation date.
ProgramsMaster of Business Administration
- Business Administration, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Cyber Security Management Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Digital Enterprise and Cloud Management Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Entrepreneurship Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Finance Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, General, MBA
- Business Administration, Health Informatics Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Healthcare Management Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, International Business Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Management Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Marketing Specialization, MBA
- Business Administration, Project Management Specialization, MBA