2019-2020 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Broadwell College of Business and Economics
The Broadwell College of Business and Economics is dedicated to providing quality business education to a diverse student population. The College prepares students to meet the challenges of a changing environment and to compete in a global market. This is accomplished by supplementing the University’s strong teaching emphasis with research and a curriculum that reflects the changing market conditions. The College also assists in regional economic transformation by promoting entrepreneurial and economic education.
The Broadwell College of Business and Economics is authorized to offer Bachelor of Science degrees in six undergraduate programs and four undergraduate certificate programs.
College-wide learning goals are intended to enhance student learning in the following areas: communication, ethical reasoning, analytical skills, information technology, global outlook, critical thinking, and understanding of legal systems.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively.
- Students will be able to use appropriate IT tools for a given business situation.
- Students will be able to think critically.
Prior to taking advanced courses toward a Bachelor of Science degree in a business discipline:
- A student must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours with a minimum grade point average required by the program.
- A declaration of major form must be completed, submitted, and approved.
- A student must have completed the following courses with no grade lower than a C: ACCT 211 , ECON 211 or ECON 212 , BADM 214 , BADM 215 , BADM 216 .
If you do not meet the requirements to be admitted into the Broadwell College of Business and Economics, you may declare a Pre-Business major in any of the following degree programs:
- Pre-Business Administration with a Concentration in:
- General Business
- Healthcare Management
- Information Systems and Business Analytics
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Pre-Banking and Finance
- Pre-Healthcare Administration
- Pre-Information Systems and Business Analytics
- Pre-Fire and Emergency Services Administration