The Department offers four different baccalaureate programs: (1) Bachelor of Science in Accounting, (2) Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance, (3) Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration, and (4) Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics. In addition, we offer degrees in Business Administration with concentrations in Information Systems and Business Analytics and Healthcare Management. We also offer various minors for business and non-business majors. Our goal is to provide students with a well-rounded experience that includes solid academic preparation, exposure to professionals in each field of endeavor, quality internship programs and access to regional and national job fairs.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Accounting is designed to offer professional education to qualified students who seek careers in the field of accounting. The program emphasizes the learning of the concepts and practices of accounting along with the development of analytical skills in areas of data processing, management, mathematics, and statistics.
Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
The Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance is designed to provide students with the practical and analytical skills required to pursue successful careers in both the private and public sectors. Graduates will have a sound understanding of financial concepts, financial instruments, financial institutions, and the techniques that are employed in the finance profession.
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration is designed to provide students with a quality education that will prepare them for employment in the health care profession or for further study leading to advanced degrees.
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics
The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics is designed to prepare students with skills to evaluate, design, implement, manage, and utilize systems to generate information to improve efficiency and effectiveness of decision making
The College of Business and Economics is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) which is one of the most prestigious and rigorous accrediting programs. Currently, less than one-third of the US business schools and only 15 percent of the international business schools have earned AACSB accreditation.
Accounting Learning Outcomes
- Using clear and concise communication to convey relevant financial and non-financial information so that decision makers can formulate informed decisions
- Utilizing technology (such as computers, accounting software, information databases) to facilitate and enhance accounting and financial reporting processes
- Identifying the appropriate managerial and business issues critical to analyzing accounting data and other information used for identifying and assessing opportunities and risks, developing organizational plans, allocating resources, and accomplishing objectives
- Employing national, international, and historical perspectives to analyze accounting and business issues
- Identifying ethical issues associated with accounting and business situations and apply appropriate principles of ethics and civic responsibility
- Using analytical and research tools to monitor evolving accounting standards and practices and to maintain professional skills in a changing business environment
Banking and Finance Learning Outcomes
- Applying appropriate problem-solving methodologies to the analysis and solution of financial problems
- Explaining the role of financial management in the business firm and in the public sector
- Explaining the functioning of financial markets and the roles of financial institutions
- Communicating effectively using oral, written, and multimedia techniques
- Evaluating ethical issues and dilemmas related to banking and finance.
Business Administration Degree Program
- Students will demonstrate competencies in current core departmental business disciplines.
- Students will assess global business opportunities and threats.
- Students will exhibit analytical thinking to a business subject, identify information needed, and access appropriate resources to make evidence-based decisions.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate ethical and professional workplace behaviors.
Healthcare Administration Degree Program
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers, establish and maintain relationships, and facilitate constructive interactions with individuals and groups
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of how to inspire individual and organizational excellence, create a shared vision and successfully manage change to attain the organization’s strategic ends and successful performance.
- Students will be able to comprehend the alignment of personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards within healthcare, including a responsibility to the patient and community, a service orientation, and a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare environment, including healthcare systems and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function.
- Students will be able to apply business principles, including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment.
Information Systems and Business Analytics Degree Program
- Students will be able to evaluate business impact using computing logic, data analysis and financial tools.
- Students will be able to analyze business decisions using statistical regression, data mining, and quantitative models.
- Students will be able to plan, design and develop applications in database management systems.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of social media technologies for marketing, branding, crowdsourcing, and innovative management of consumers.
- Accounting, B.S.
- Accounting, Risk Management and Insurance Concentration, B.S.
- Banking and Finance, B.S.
- Banking and Finance, Risk Management and Insurance Concentration, B.S.
- Business Administration, Healthcare Management Concentration, B.S.
- Business Administration, Information Systems and Business Analytics, B.S.
- Healthcare Administration, B.S.
- Healthcare Administration, Risk Management and Insurance Concentration, B.S.
- Information Systems and Business Analytics, B.S.