Admission Requirements for RN-BSN
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Admission to Fayetteville State University.
- Applications are accepted July 1 for August admission and November 15 for January admission.
- Active and unencumbered RN license.
- Evidence of an earned Associates Degree in Nursing or a Hospital Diploma in Nursing from an accredited program.
Admission Criteria to Pre-Nursing:
- Overall GPA of 2.8 or higher. Having a GPA below 2.8 will not prevent a student from declaring pre-nursing in a future term, but the student must first raise his or her GPA to at least 2.8 before being eligible to declare pre-nursing as a major.
Admission Criteria to Upper Division:
- Submission of completed application to Nursing Department
- Successful completion of all required prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better.
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or higher and a Math/Science GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- A passing score on the Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam.
- Required health screens and immunizations.
- Clear criminal background check and drug screens.
- Submission of writing sample.
- Interview with the Admission, Progression, and Retention Committee.
Core Requirements: Minimum of 38 credits in the core curriculum required of all students. Students who enter as first-time freshmen must take an entering freshman and rising junior assessment to complete core requirements.
Program Admission Requirements: See Admission Requirements above.
Other Major Requirements: Grade of C or higher in upper division courses.
Graduation Requirements: All graduating seniors are required to complete the Graduating Senior Assessment after completing 90 or more semester hours (including credit by examination), but not later than the graduation semester.