Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Social Work
- Completion of the Bachelor of Social Work Application
- Approval by the BSW Program Director.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 for admission.
- An overall GPA of 2.5 must be maintained throughout the program.
- A 2.75 GPA in all Social Work classes taken.
- A minimum final grade of “C” or higher in all courses is required for graduation.
- A final grade of “C” or higher must be earned in each course used to fulfill requirements for a minor or electives.
- A minimum of 120 credit hours are necessary for graduation. Even if a course requirement is waived, the credit hour requirement remains.
- A free elective is any course offered or accepted by the university that has not already been used to fulfill other requirements. Elective selection should be based on the student’s academic interest and eventual graduate school and/or career goals.
Core Requirements: Minimum of 39 credits in the core curriculum required of all students. Students who enter as first-time freshmen must take an entering freshman and rising junior assessment to complete core requirements.
Admission Requirements: See Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Social Work above.
Other Major Requirements: Students must receive a C or higher in all courses.
Graduation Requirements: All graduating seniors are required to complete the Graduating Senior Assessment after completing 90 or more semester hours (including credit by examination), but not later than the graduation semester.