2017-2018 Graduate Catalog 
    May 23, 2024  
2017-2018 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Substance Abuse Studies Graduate Certificate

Program Requirements

Must have a baccalaureate degree in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, or special permission from an accredited institution; must be a graduate student pursuing a degree in social work, psychology, or sociology; or must have a graduate degree. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale or 3.0 on 4.0 scale in last 60 credits which may include no more than 12 hours of graduate study. Three Recommendation for Graduate School Forms. Letters of recommendation also may be submitted. Personal statement of no more than five typed, double-spaced pages which addresses applicant’s (a) interest in pursuing the profession of social work, (b) volunteer and paid work experience, (c) future career plans, and (d) community involvement.