1. Application: The application form to the Master’s in Psychology.
2. Personal Statement: A personal statement (typed and no more than four pages) describing your interest in psychology, your long-term goals pertaining to the field of psychology, and what you hope to obtain from the Master’s in Psychology program at Fayetteville State University.
3. Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all colleges/ universities attended. To be eligible for full acceptance into the program, applicants must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, with an overall minimum 2.60 average on a 4.00 scale for all undergraduate work or a minimum 3.00 average in the last 60 hours of study, which may include no more than 12 hours of graduate study. Twelve (12) undergraduate credit hours in psychology, including General Psychology, Statistics, Research Methods in Psychology, and one additional substantive course in psychology.*
*If you do not currently have these prerequisites met, you can still be accepted into the graduate program on a provisional basis while you complete the undergraduate courses.
4. Recommendations: Submit two recommendation forms from professional references, including at least one academic reference, to Admissions.
5. Graduate Record Examination (GRE): The Graduate Record Exam must be completed and official scores sent to the Fayetteville State University Office of Admissions. A combined score of 290 on the Verbal and Quantitative sections is desired but not required.
6. Curriculum VItae: A current CV reflecting any paid and/ or volunteer experience is required.